Monday, July 03, 2006

New spinning forum.

I joined a new spinning and fibre related forum that`s just been set up, The Dropped Spindle. Nice to have a UK based spinning forum, I thought...so much of what`s on the web is American based and full of Americans. NOT that I have anything against America and Americans, belive me, but it`s nice to have a forum closer to home that might talk about our kind of sheep and fleece and our kind of spinning.

It was only when I was looking at the profile and web page of the moderator, Natalie, that I realised just how close to home this forum is. Natalie`s from the Edinburgh Guild of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers, and in fact I sat next to her at the spinning demo stand at the Guild Open Day! I even gave her some of my gold Angelina fibre to try...

Small world......

No comments: