Thursday, February 08, 2007

Survival.

Well, the joiners departed today, leaving clouds of dust and wood shavings everywhere. It wasn`t quite as bad as I expected, but it was still pretty bad. And still is...we have no wall cupboards or intact wall plaster in the kitchen, holes or missing tiles round most of the frames and because the frames haven`t been sealed in yet, the house is whistling with draughts. And fingerprints on the walls, raw wood frames to be painted and curtains/curtain rails to be replaced. By me...no spare money for unnecessary tradesmen, Hubby at work all day. Me or no-one.

And the worst news...I have to clean the house. You know, cleaning? I don`t do cleaning.....

On the plus side, I have lost another three pounds, despite the stress and Fig Rolls. Must be the exercise involved in shifting half the furniture. Plus I have cast on my emergency stash of Noro Shinano shade 10, long discontinued and carefully horded. I`ve finally decided what to make with it...Bettna, from Noro Revisited.

Noro as therapy....I`ll clean tomorrow, no?

9 comments:

rho said...

I like Bettina - can't wait to see it completed -- knitting as therapy sounds great. And all that you have to do sounds distressing - so knit on :D

Procrastination is my middle name...

chipper said...

cleaning can ALWAYS wait until tomorrow. Especially, with a great pattern and fantastic yarn! Knit on!

PURLPOWER said...

Another three pounds? That's brilliant. Well done.

gourdongirl said...

Cleaning can wait....enjoy the knitting, time to relax!

Great weight loss, can you send me some positive vibes in that department please, I just can't seem to get my head round it at the moment.

Artis-Anne said...

Whats cleaning ?
Love Bettina and it sounds like just what you need :)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Knitting is the best therapy. Whole house remodels like yours are a big challenge to sanity!! Cleaning can wait. You needed to knit.

And the weight loss is great! I mean as long as it doesn't cause illness.

Couldn't see the link to Bettina but will try again later. Got two Noro skeins coming next week for Christmas hats for my youngest DDs.

Anonymous said...

Progress on all fronts! Send me your addy if you need more fig rolls.....

JustApril said...

Yeah, therapy today - clean next week - speaking of which =( I need some better yarn for therapy - none of it is awesome enough to keep me from my chores! I have to clean NOW - ***sob***

Happy Noro-ing
lucky YOU >=(
hahahaha

it's fitting that the word verification says "elffyhuf" lol

TutleyMutley said...

Bettna looks beautiful - want to see the progress please! mmmm