Tuesday, March 06, 2007

SkipNorth #2.

I`m off to SkipNorth again this weekend, for three days and two nights of knitting, spinning and fibre crafts, talking about knitting, spinning and fibre crafts, meeting knitters, spinners and fibre craftswomen (and man) plus, of course, SHOPPING!!!!!!

I went last year and had a great time. I also did a lot of shopping, oops. Now to be perfectly honest I`ve still got some of this left to use, but then again, I went to Woolfest last year as well, where I bought nearly as much again. This year however I`m not going to manage to go to Woolfest, so this is my main shopping and stock up trip of the year. There are lots of bargains to be found at the shops we`re going to visit, so I`m going in with an open mind, if not an unlimited cheque book. Watch this space.....

On the home front, the scaffolding is down. I`ll say it again...THE SCAFFOLDING IS DOWN!!!!! For the first time since October I can wander around my house in various stages of undress and not have to close the curtains. I can sit at my desk, look out the window and see daylight, not just the green gloom of safety netting. The tap tap BOOM BASH noises of hammers and drills on every surface of the house has ceased. Yeah!

Of course, it`s not over yet. There is some internal joinery work to finish, front door to replace, bit of stone pointing round the front door to do and some plaster to be mended inside. And then of course there is the central heating to be renewed and the kitchen to be gutted and replaced. And after that we have a ceiling to be replastered plus the whole house to redecorate. (We=Me, actually, when it comes to the redecorating thing!) Also our back gate needs to be widened and replaced, and the attic clad. I`m assuming that this will all take about another year, given the speed I work. But I don`t care. The scaffolding is down and the light is streaming in our huge, HUGE new windows. Happy days.......

5 comments:

rho said...

Yeah for nothing being in front of your windows -- do we get to see pictures of the finished product :D

Have fun at SkipNorth buy lots and lots.

fibreclaireUK said...

I'm with you on the scaffolding - its such a releif when it finally comes down!!!

Enjoy your weekend and take lots of photo's : )

LornaJay said...

Enjoy the trip - I'm jealous but really can't get away for a weekend any more (pub, you see)....

Wonderful news on the building front too. I know *just* how it feels (we're still dealing with plaster falling off walls in a few places).

gourdongirl said...

I will be thinking of you A LOT over the weekend as I "slave" away at work. Say Hi to the guys from last year and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!!!! (But I'm sure that goes without saying!)

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Have a great time Val. I hope you get some pictures to share, and lots of great yarns and fleece.