Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Thank you!

I got a nice parcel in the post today.



When I started knitting more socks, I developed a desire to try some of the legendary Socks that Rock. I'd read plenty about it, of course, but never actually set eyes on it. So after due thought I posted on the Seeking Yarn forum over at the Knittyboard coffee shop, asking if anyone would be interested in trading some with me. I got an answer from a member called JadeDragon, who is sadly blogless. We talked, we discussed the trade and we sent out parcels.

Well, mine arrived today and I'm totally thrilled...



One skein of Socks that Rock Lightweight in Farmyard. Mmmmm....it feels great, the colours are FABULOUS and I'm already hunting down patterns for it on Ravelry. I'm a total convert and I haven't even knitted with it yet! I can feel the Blue Moon Rocking Sock Club somewhere in my future, lol.



But the wonderful JadeDragon also sent me this...a skein of hand-painted Sport Weight sock yarn from Claudia. Isn't it great? I love the colours and especially the name...."Eat your Veggies". I haven't knitted sport weight socks yet, so this yarn is going to be a real treat. Thank you so much, JadeDragon!



And if that wasn't enough, she also included this mini skein/keyring fob of Emergency Sock Yarn from the Rocking Sock Club. So cute, you could eat it, and certainly far to good to carry around in a crowded handbag.



What's the dark shadow at the top of the picture? Well, that's Missy girlcat who has never really been that interested in yarn, really, but was seduced over by STR. What excellent taste, no?



Thanks again, JadeDragon. I hope you like your Jitterbug as much as I enjoyed getting these lovely yarns.

No comments: