Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mother`s Day.

Mother`s Day here in the UK. No, I didn`t get a lie-in because it`s also the day the clocks go an hour forwards here to British Summer Time so you lose an hour of sleep, boo hiss. I got chocolate from Duncan though (mostly eaten so no pix) and some hair scrunchies from Mairi. This last present involved her taking her long suffering father on a visit to Claire`s Accessories, poor man. I`m amazed she let him get out again in under three hours.

The kids also made me two great cards.

From Mairi (aged 4)



This is a picture of me, I hope you realise. As a ballerina. (!)

From Duncan (Aged 9)



Also a picture of me... a slightly more realistic one this time! I hope you spotted the anatomically correct flyer on the wheel, the Rowan band on the ball of yarn and all the FOs? His powers of observation are uncanny... especially when it comes to the cat that we have not got yet.

The sheep, btw, is saying "I`m only a sheep but I am important".

My kids are great.

10 comments:

Amie said...

Your kids sure are great!!! And sheep are important!

How very sweet, and happy Mother's Day to you!

rho said...

Happy Mother's day -- and what talented children you have - wonderful cards. And I also have to admire your DH a trip with a daughter to an accessory store - he is a brave brave man....

Alison said...

I am looking forward to meeting Duncan, I like the sound of him!

And I'm going to go and scan my mother's day cards now too, I have a lot of updaitng of the boys journal to do, I think!

sal the spider said...

What superb cards!! Billy drew a pic of me the other day and said "Oh Mum this is soooo funny, look - I've drawn your enormous bum" Your kids are so kind when they draw you!!!
Sal x

Anonymous said...

OMG those cards are so adorable! Wonderful!!

Amy Boogie said...

Happy Mother's day
Those cards are fabulous!

Kathleen said...

Your Mothers Day cards are great- is junior hinting for a cat by any chance?

Lara 900 said...

This is super!
(gee, I just realized I missed mother's day for my mom!)

Hannah said...

I love the picture of you with your spinning wheel!

Woolly Wormhead said...

I am totally impressed with Duncan's card - you've bought him up well!