Saturday, January 20, 2007

Contest Results.

Okay, the result of the Anniversary Contest, tadah!!

I didn`t want to give anyone an unfair advantage when it came to judging (I use this word loosely) the entries, because some of you I know well, others less so and some not at all. So I handed them over to Hubby to decide the winner using the criteria of amusement value, originality and drawing names out a hat, as previously stated.

Hubby liked them all, but there was this one phrase that tickled him, basically because it`s just so not him, lol.

"The first thing that came to my mind was that your husband is one of those rugged wool wearing fisherman."

So Sam is duely declared the winner! Can I have your snail mail address please, Sam? My email address is on my profile.

Okay, so y`all might think that it`s obvious that Fishwives are married to fishermen? Nope, not necessarily, though many of them were. Others were single or widowed. So what is a fishwife? Well, if you`d cared to type "fishwife" into the "Search Blog" box above, you`d have come up with this post all about them.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Oh my gosh, can I just say you made my day?!?! I like your husbands sense of humor ;) I'll send an email your way!

Ang said...

well done Sam!